Take a memorable train ride on the Three Rivers Rambler in Knoxville, Tennessee. Enjoy a beautiful journey on the 90-minute scenic train ride along the Tennessee River. The beautiful journey begins from Downtown Knoxville, on its way it passes by many historical sites, the conductor and the staff keep enriching the visitors with local history. Visitors have to make reservations in order to receive tickets for the excursion train ride. The train ride operates March through December. Locomotive Lindy that was built in 1925 runs in November and December.
Things to Do
- Board the historic train and travel back in time, the three rivers rambler boards from the 3RR depot located adjacent to the University of Tennessee. The rambler is a 1932 coach car.
- Children would love riding the vintage steam engine train that passes by beautiful farmlands, several quarries and the three rivers trestle.
- Get to know various historical facts about Knoxville and Tennessee on your way, ask questions to the staff and the conductor who will happily answer your questions.
- Enjoy wonderful festival themed rides on Hoot N Holler autumn express ride and Christmas Lantern express.
- Gift shop sells exclusive merchandise. Snacks are available on the train ride.
Three Rivers Rambler Insider Tips
- Reservations must be made on call or online.
- Group discounts are available.
- Restrooms are available.