Tifft nature preserve is a wonderful place with natural setting, it has marshes, woodlands, ponds, and it is a part of the Buffalo museum of science. The 264-acre nature preserve was created in 1972, it is home to forests and wildlife. The nature preserve features many walking trails, a fishing lake, wildlife observation and other activities, the hiking trails are open year round from dawn till dusk.
Things to Do
- Guided tours and walks at Tifft nature preserve are very informative, explore nature, woodlands and animal habitats at the nature preserve, and get up close with the animals in the area.
- Self guided trips are also recommended, self guided tours may require reservation. Spot migratory birds, waterfowl, herons, woodpeckers, deer, snakes, turtles and beaver.
- Tifft nature preserve is home to many species of birds, around 264 species of birds have been spotted in and around the nature preserve. There are three boardwalks for viewing wildlife.
- Many special events take place at the nature preserve, including the hot chocolate hike and frosty fun. Hot chocolate hike features a night time hike, and delicious hot chocolate and music in the end. Frosty fun is fun for the whole family, do many hands-on activities and celebrate the winters.
- Create sweet holiday gifts made of recycled materials at the nature maker DIY holiday gifts event.
- Celebrate your kid's birthday at the nature preserve, many affordable birthday party packages are available.
- Families can do fishing in Lake Kirsty, bring your food and have a picnic.
Tifft Nature Preserve Insider Tips
- Buffalo museum of science members can save on tours, programs and rentals.
- Wear proper hiking boots.
- Restrooms are available.