Creating puppets out of wooden spoons is so much fun for all age groups. The wooden spoon provides the perfect all in one base for a puppet with the rounded end making the face and the stick providing the handle to hold. The possibilities are endless for the kind of animals that you can make. Today we are making a Tiger Wooden Spoon Puppet which is sure to make your children roar with excitement!
- Wooden Spoon
- Orange and black paint
- Orange Felt
- Orange and Black Pipe cleaner
- Googly eyes
- Tacky Glue
- Small black pom pom
How to Make It
- Paint the entire wooden spoon with orange paint and allow to dry.
- Paint black stripes onto the spoon but do not make them even. They should resemble that of an actual tiger. See the photos above.
- Use glue to adhere the googly eyes and the small pom pom nose in place on the face of the spoon.
- Cut two equilateral triangles out of orange felt and glue them to the top of the tiger's head.
- Cut the orange and black pipe cleaner in half and twist the two together to form your striped tail.
- Wrap the tail around the lower portion of your wooden handle.