The Tilden Regional Park is a huge space open to the public. Its 2,079 acres are home to a great number of attractions for all ages. You can come here to re-connect with nature or to spend a fun day out with the family. There is a botanic garden, an education center, a working farm which you can visit and lots of fun activities for children. Along with all that there are plenty of trails for walking and biking.
Things to Do
- There are some fun and inexpensive activities at the park that you can do with your children. You can take them for a trip on the wooden antique Herschell Spillman merry-go-round which is hand carved and lovingly designed.
- Steam train rides are offered in scaled down locomotives. As part of a visit to the Park's Ardenwood Historic Farm you can treat them to ride on a horse drawn carriage.
- You can visit the Park's Botanic Garden completely free of charge. Its collection is dedicated entirely to growth, display and preservation of native Califronian plants. The garden is beautifully landscaped and well maintained. It makes a nice stop off during your visit to the Park.
- There are two campsites at the park where you can set up your tent. Together they have a capacity of about 125 so you should be able to find a spot!
Tilden Regional Park Insider Tips
- Dogs are not allowed in the Park.
- You can download a map which is useful for navigating your way around this huge park.