Tingley Beach is a part of the Albuquerque Biological Park Complex where families can relax, go fishing, model boat sailing, or biking. The place, located a few minutes away from downtown Albuquerque, provides a perfect, quick getaway for families.
Things to Do
- Go fishing with the entire family. Cast your fishing rods at the Central Pond at catch rainbow trouts in the winter or channel catfish during summer. Young anglers aged 12 and below will have fun at the Children's Pond. This pond was made specially for them and adults are not allowed to fish here. There's also a Catch and Release Pond for trouts.
- Aside from fishing, families can also rent paddle boats to go on the Central Pond during the summer. Model boat hobbyists can visit the Model Boat Pond to run remote-controlled toy boats.
- Walk around the ponds or bike on the Bosque Trail. As you go around, you may come across ducks and other water fowls. Feel free to feed the ducks!
- Grab snacks and drinks from the Tingley Beach Cafe. They serve burgers, sandwiches, and ice cream. You can also bring food and go on a picnic inside Tingley premises.
Tingley Beach Insider Tips
- Bikes are available for rent but you can bring your own bike if you wish.
- Best to avoid midday summer visits as it can get too hot.
- Bring your furry friends! Dogs are allowed in Tingley.