Have a monstrously good time creating tissue paper pom poms and turning them into monsters. This craft project is definitely a favorite in our house. Tissue paper pom poms are so much fun to make and don't take much time at all to master. Vary your color schemes of paper and use your creativity to assemble fantastic monster friends. Little artists will enjoy personalizing their pom poms in this unique way. The string allows you to hang them for all to see.
- Several sheets of tissue paper
- Craft wire or pipecleaner
- Craft Foam
- Glue Gun
How to Make Them
- Lay 8-10 sheets of large tissue paper on top of each other.
- Fold them together in 1 inch segments back and forth, back and forth accordion style until the entire tissue paper surface is folded like a fan.
- Secure the paper in the center with some craft wire or a pipe cleaner.
- Tie a long piece of twine to the craft wire or pipe cleaner.
- Use sharp scissors to cut two angled sections on each end so that the tissue paper forms a point on each end.
- Gently fan the sides out and carefully pull back each layer of tissue and pull toward the center.
- When you are half way through the stack of tissue, flip it over and pull the layers that have not been spread yet, in the opposite direction.
- Fluff when finished.
- Now that you have your pom pom it is time to decide how you will decorate it. Using card stock or craft foam, cut shapes for eyes, nose and mouth. You can also use pom poms. Make a silly monster face and glue to the tissue paper to make a monster face.