Create these adorable Tissue Paper Pom Pom Owls for a different spin on tissue paper crafts. This craft is sure to be a hoot with little artists of all ages. In a few fun steps, you will create an adorable little friend to play with or to add to your decor.
- 8-10 sheets of colored tissue paper 20"x30" ( 1 sheet for head, 7-9 for the body)
- 1-5" styrofoam ball
- Floral wire or extra pipe cleaners
- Colored felt in black, white, and orange
- Pipe cleaners in pink and orange
- Glue gun
How to Do It
- Layer at least 7 sheets of tissue paper.
- Fold the layered tissue paper back and forth in one inch accordion style folds.
- Cinch the folded paper in the center with floral wire or pipe cleaner.
- Use your scissors to cut the ends of the folded paper either angled into a point or rounded.
- Pull layer by layer of tissue up to fluff one at a time.
- You will have a flat side and a fluffy side. Smush the pom pom flat side upward to create an oval body shape.
- Cut the final piece of tissue paper to fit nicely over the styrofoam ball.
- Cover the ball and twist and secure the tissue paper with a glue gun.
- Glue the tissue covered ball to the flat side of the pom pom.
- Gently pull the top layer of tissue paper body and glue underneath the ball, to hide the empty area.
- Cut two pieces of wing shaped tissue paper out and glue in place on the sides of the body.
- Use your felt to cut out eyes and a beak and adhere to the face.
- Cut two small triangles of tissue paper and use glue gun to adhere them to the top of the head