Enjoy the fun of tissue paper pom poms. Make them large or small, for fun, decor, or to make packages more ornate and unique. Pom Poms are fun and happy art projects that keep everyone smiling. All you need are a couple of supplies to get started. Experiment with creating different sizes and mixing different color tissue layers for more vibrant or more subtle pom poms.
- Tissue Paper
- Craft Wire
How to Make Them
- Layer 8-10 sheets of colored tissue paper evenly on top of one another.
- Fold the stack of tissue paper back and forth accordion style until all of the tissue paper is folded.
- Use a pair of very sharp scissors to cut the end of the folded tissue into a triangular shaped point.
- Cinch the tissue together in the center and twist the craft wire segment around the center of the paper.
- Next attach your ribbon to the craft wire. This will facilitate an ribbon to hang the pom pom when you are done.
- Gently pull apart the layers of the tissue paper on each side.
- Fluff the paper so that it forms a ball.