Artists of all ages will have fun deigning and creating their own tissue paper stained glass sun catchers using only two craft supplies. Children can make this craft very ornate or simple depending on their ages and abilities; yet both will be beautiful decorative pieces that they are sure to be proud of.
- Clear Contact Paper - equal sheets
- Tissue paper scraps
How to Make It
- Cut one piece of clear contact paper into your desired shape.
- Peel the paper backing off and lay the paper sticky side up onto your work surface.
- Use your tissue paper scraps or cut your own small pieces of tissue paper and arrange the tissue paper to lay flat in a design or random pattern onto the sticky contact paper.
- Press the tissue pieces down lightly to make sure that they stick down flat and fill the entire paper with tissue paper overlapping edges when necessary.
- Cut another piece of contact paper slightly larger then the first.
- Peel off the sticky backing and carefully lay this sheet sticky side down over the top of your tissue artwork. There should be an additional sticky edge all the way around the page.
- Smooth out the contact paper and encase the tissue design in between the two sheets of contact paper.
- Peel the whole project up off of the work surface gently and stick to a sunny window and smooth out.