For fans of comic books and cartoons this small museum is a dream. This place is run almost entirely by passionate volunteers whose goal is to promote the art of cartooning. Even if you aren't a Marvel or D.C fanatic there is still plenty to enjoy and appreciate here. The exhibit space is small however they keep things interesting by regularly rotating a fascinating collection of art works. A visit here will imbue you with a new found respect for the work of cartoonists or simply confirm that you in fact were right to spend so much money on comic books over the years!
Things to Do
- There aren't many comic book museums in the U.S so a trip here is an interesting and rather different cultural experience. Many still deride cartoonists as being lesser artists however walking through their work allows you to appreciate their skill, craft and creativity.
- This is not just a children's museum, the work is intended to be digested by adults whether they are comic book fans or not. Come along and see if you are convinced or not.
- There is usually a single special exhibit which is the focus of the gallery with various rotating works from their collection. The works exhibited in Toonseum's gallery are not their only focus however. They also run various educational and community outreach programs.
- There is not a huge amount of information on their website so get in touch or pay a visit to find out more.
Toonseum Insider Tips
- The museum is closed on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays and most major holidays.