Create a whirling vortex of water as you explore this tornado in a bottle experiment You can easily create and investigate the science of tornadoes with easy to find items such as dish washing liquid, water, glitter and a soda bottle. Young scientists of all ages will be able to perform this intriguing experiment over and over again.
- A clear plastic bottle with a cap that seals tightly
- Liquid dish soap
- Food coloring
How to Do It
- Fill the plastic bottle with water until it reaches around three quarters full.
- Add a few drops of dish washing liquid and a
- Sprinkle in a few pinches of glitter into the bottle.
- Place the cap securely on the bottle.
- Turn the bottle upside down and hold it by the neck of the bottle.
- Quickly spin the bottle in a circular motion for several seconds.
- Peek inside to see if you can see a miniature tornado forming in the water. Note that You may need make a few attempts to get it working properly.