The Tower Hill Botanical Gardens is owned and managed by the Worcester County Horticultural Society. This non-profit aims to advance the general knowledge of the practice of horticulture whilst also making its New England year-round botanical gardens open to the general public. These gardens are a charming sight and are split into a number of gardens all based around a single grand master plan. The Gardens also provide a venue for a mix of different events like flower shows and art exhibits.
Things to Do
- The events that the Gardens offer ensure that there should be something for everyone who visits. These include family friendly events like the Celebrate the Harvest October Weekend.
- There are also regular art exhibits, tours of the Gardens' various areas and quirky activities like Yoga and Tai Chi classes. Keep up with it all with the help of their events calendar.
- If you want to enjoy a nice lunch at the Gardens you can do so at Twig's Café which has a menu of salads, sandwiches, soups and desserts on offer.
- On certain Wednesday or Thursday evenings this café is home to "Twilight at Twigs" a free live music series. This is not the only music that is offered at the Gardens; keep an eye on their webpage for concerts that they hold at different times throughout the year.
Tower Hill Botanical Gardens Insider Tips
- Dogs are only allowed in at certain times and you must pay a $7 charge to walk them on the grounds. There is a special membership offered for regular visitors and their dogs
- Children under the age of 6 are granted free admission to the Botanical Gardens.
- You can download a useful pdf. which outlines how to reach the Gardens from a variety of directions.