Tracy Aviary is a bird attraction located in Liberty Park in Salt Lake City, Utah. It is home to over 400 birds that represent a diverse array of species, including flamingos, swans, hawks, cranes, owls, cuckoos, and condors. Visitors of all ages are sure to be captivated by the beauty of its fascinating winged creatures, as well as enjoy the daily educational activities at the aviary, which include animal encounters, feedings, and keeper talks. It's a great place for families to spend the day learning about nature.
Things to Do
- Explore the Destination Argentina exhibit, which has a free flight aviary that will transport you to South America, a land filled with flamingos, cuckoos, parakeets, and beautiful red-crested cardinals.
- Learn about the importance of wetland habitats in the Kennecott Wetland Immersion Experience.
- Visit the Owl Forest, which is home to a variety of owl species that you'll have to search the trees for.
- Stop by the South American Pavilion, where you can see toucans and green magpies as well as peer into the incubation and chick-rearing rooms where the baby birds are raised!
Tracy Aviary Insider Tips
- Take a tour of the aviary to learn as much as you can about the birds - there are several tours to choose from that are designed for various age groups.
- If you have a Boy or Girl Scout in the family, they can earn badges at Tracy Aviary. Learn more about their scouting workshops here.
- Don't miss the exciting daily activities at the aviary! You can feed conures and pelicans and learn about species like cranes, owls, and turkey vultures at a keeper talk.