There is plenty to do at the Metro Richmond Zoo! Your kids can meet loads of cool animals from meerkats to giraffe while they may even get a chance to get up close and personal with some of them as part of the zoo's feeding times and animal encounters. You can combine your day with a trip to the Treetop Zoofari Zipline and Adventure Course which is fun for obstacle course veterans a
Things to Do
- A fun summer day out for your kids could be to sign them up for a one day Summer Safari camp. This is a great way for them to get a behind the scenes look at life at a zoo while also learning about the animals and zookeeping. They will be treated to a tour with one of the zoo staff, have encounters with lots of cool animals and take part in an arts and crafts project!
- A cool experience you can add to a trip to the Zoo is a visit to the adjacent Treetop Zoofari Zipline and Adventure Course. This facility gives everyone the chance to feel what it's like to go breezing through the air on a zip line and to work their way through a set of tough challenges high up in a canopy of trees. While working through the various stages you can even see many of the animals of Metro Richmond Zoo below!
Metro Richmond Zoo Insider Tips
- Metro Richmond Zoo is closed on Sundays year round.
- After a visit your kids might want to keep up to date with the Zoo's own family of cheetahs on their live cheetah cam which operates around the clock. They also have a meerkat pup cam!
- Get around easier with the official Zoo Map.