Troy Hill Park was once home to a large public swimming pool which was closed in 2003. To replace it the city put in a spray park which amongst other advantages trumps the pool because it is absolutely free to use! There are a number of different water features here which visitors themselves can turn on the water for between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m. from Memorial Day through to Labor Day.
Things to Do
- The various water features are a lot of fun for kids to get wet at. Water sprays out in all directions and it is a lot of fun during the summer. Conveniently there is a playground located right beside the spray park so you can make an afternoon of running back and forth between the two.
- Parents will be glad to know you can see most of the playground quite easily from the sprinkler park so it shouldn't be hard to keep an eye on the kiddos.
- Kids who are a little bit older should enjoy the sports facilities at the Troy Hill. There is a basketball court and a baseball field where they can play. You can bring a lunch to enjoy the picnic shelters at the park too.
Troy Hill Sprinkler Insider Tips
- The ground of the water area is concrete so be sure your kids obey the rules and don't run or you might need a few band aids at the ready!
- You will find bathrooms in a white building near the front of the park.