The 85-acre Tulsa Zoo located at Mohawk Park showcases a dino gallery called Zoorassic Park in addition to the collection of bears, lions, meerkats, and other exotic animals such as piranhas and jaguar.
Things to Do
- Learn more about the animals' habitat in the wild at the Robert J. LaFortune WildLIFE Trek. This is an interactive exhibit divided into 4 sections called Life in the Cold, Life in the Desert, Life in the Forest, and Life in the Water. Visit all the sections and experience trekking on a rainforest, wading on a pond for the bears, and exploring through a cave.
- Take the kids to ride the Safari Train to go around the zoo. If you are looking for a unique way to explore the zoo, Camel Tours are also available. Kids can also ride the Arvest Wildlife Carousel located inside the premises.
- Visit the petting zoo at the Children's Zoo. Kids can touch and interact with small animals such as prairie dogs, llamas, guinea hogs, and kangaroos. There are also daily schedules for keeper chats and demonstrations so the entire family can learn more about taking care of the animals.
- Walk towards the Africa exhibit to see giraffe, lions, and tortoises and to the Asia exhibit to learn more about monkeys and elephants. The Oceans and Islands exhibit features penguins and lemurs.
Tulsa Zoo Insider Tips
- Allot 4-6 hours in visiting the zoo. There are plenty of activities for kids to do and the zoo is large enough to spend half a day for exploration.