The Turtle Playground is a unique playground of giant sculptures that will bring out the child in everyone. Adults and children alike will enjoy climbing on these massive concrete turtle and snake sculptures. The turtles were scuplted by Bob Cassilly who is an artist who also produced large stone figures like the 28 foot monarch butterly at Sach's Butterfly House. This little excursion offers a fun little playground for kids, providing great photo opportunities, exercise and the opportunity to view magnificent art.
Things to Do
- View and climb away on these giant turtle sculptures and one long snake with eggs.
- Kids will have fun posing for the camera in the nooks and crannies of these turtles.
- Bask in the sun and read a book or do some cloud watching.
- Visitors have to option of relaxing in this unique spot or scaling these whimsical creatures.
Turtle Playground Insider Tips
- Don't visit here after a rainstorm. Some of the best photo ops are in the openings and gullies of the turtle sculptures. They fill with water after a good rain.
- Don't forget your camera. You are not going to want to miss capturing this visit on film.
- Occasionally you will find street performers at this location.
- This a great stop for kids to play for about an hour or so, and only a short walk from the zoo.
- parking is free but limited when the zoo is open.