Create gorgeous eye catching dragonflies out of twigs and maple seed pods that you can find in your backyard. These dragonflies are absolutely adorable and so easy to assemble and appeal to all age groups. Use them for pretend play, potted plant accents, gift wrapped accents and more. They are sure to make anyone smile.
- Maple Leaf Seeds
- Small decorative beads
- Glue Gun
- School glue
How to Make It
- Go on a hunt for the perfect dragonfly thin sticks. They should be small, thin and straight.
- While on your search look for dried maple seed pods. We gather ours in the Fall and store them for craft time.
- Glue two full or four half seed pods across the top of the twig leaving one inch from the top end of the stem. This should form the shape of a cross. Use a glue gun for this step.
- With a paintbrush, spread school glue over top of the seed pods.
- While the glue is still wet, sprinkle glitter on the sticky wings and shake off the excess.