Underwood Family Farms have two California locations, one in Moorpark and the other in Somis. Both of these locations are open to the public throughout the year and both are home to a food market, an animal center and more. Underwood Farms sell much of their own produce along with organizing different events and programs throughout the year.
Things to Do
- Take an educational farm tour at their Moorpark location. As part of the tour children will be allowed to pick their own fruit or vegetables to take home with them. They will also be treated to an educational presentation from one of the farmers, a visit to the animal center and a shaded picnic.
- Bring your kids to the animal center at Underwood Farm's Somis location. Here your children can get up close with and even feed donkeys, alpacas, rabbits and pygmy goats. Once you're done you can pick up some fresh produce at their farm market. If you prefer to do it yourself then you can pay to pick your own strawberries, blueberries, raspberries or blackberries.
- Come along in late September through until the end of October to enjoy Underwood Farms' Annual Fall Harvest Festival. Events take place every weekend during that time and include plenty of live entertainment for all ages, kids' games and activities as well as horticultural talks and sales.
Underwood Farms Insider Tips
- If you enjoy the produce from Underwood Farms and would like to give it as a gift to someone you know you can order gift fruit, vegetable or combo baskets from them online.
- Though the Somis location is open year round the Moorpark location is only open from March to Thanksgiving with select weekends through to Christmas