The University of Arizona Museum of Art displays a varying and stunning collection of arts and crafts, the collection encompasses paintings, sculptures, prints, drawings and more. The art collection spans an era of Renaissance up to the 20th century, the museum was founded in 1924. Apart from permanent exhibits and daily tours the museum holds many events geared towards the families to encourage children to learn new art skills and take interest in culture and exploration and creative thinking. The museum is open every day.
Things to Do
- Visit the University of Arizona art museum that displays more than 6,000 works of art and features art collections from different eras.
- Docent led tours of the museum are free and can last for one hour, you can also take self-guided tours.
- The collection is impressive showing European paintings from the 14th century up to the 19th century American art.
- The latest exhibits display Mexican art, clay sketches, art in military service and more.
- Family events at the museum include story time that also features art making for kids in the ages of 2-5.
- The family day "meet a scientist" activity features science experiments, art making, face painting and more with free admission for kids.
University of Arizona Museum of Art Insider Tips
- Free parking is available on the weekends.
- Drinks and snacks at the gift shop.