The UNT Sky Theater is a planetarium on the campus of the University of North Texas in Denton, Texas. This 100-seat domed theater is located inside of the university's Environmental Sciences Building, which is just 40 miles away from Dallas by car. If your family is fascinated by space, then head to the Sky Theater to learn more about the cosmos during one of their stimulating planetarium shows. You'll feel as if you've been transported to far away planets as their projected visuals guide you through the universe.
Things to Do
- Visit the Sky Theater for a planetarium show! The Star Stories show features fascinating tales of what different cultures see depicted in the stars.
- Attend the children's matinee - each Saturday at 12:00 p.m., the Sky Theater has a special program for children that changes monthly. Programs are both fun and educational, and cost only $3 per person!
- Take advantage of the 1st Saturday Sky Theater / Star Party Combo Deal, which allows visitors to attend a planetarium show as well as learn about the night sky and peer through telescopes in the university's Rafes Urban Astronomy Center!
UNT Sky Theater Insider Tips
- Check out their Now Showing page before your visit to find out more information on their current shows.
- If you have a student over the age of 12 in your family, make sure they bring along a student ID in order to get discounted admission.
- Reserve the Sky Theater for a private event such as a birthday party! You and your guests get to choose a show to watch in the dome, enjoy a tour of the night sky, and participate in a question and answer session.