The United States Naval Academy Museum in Annapolis, Maryland, is both an educational and cultural treat for you and your family, especially if you have older children that happen to be fascinated in naval history. The museum has existed for over a century and a half and started as the Naval School Lyceum. After years of expanding and adding to their collection, the museum is ready and waiting to welcome you and your family to enjoy a number of models, paintings, artefacts, and other naval memorabilia.
Entry to the museum is free so you needn't worry about your expenses if you're keeping an eye on your budget and there are are plenty of transport links to get you to the museum from a number of locations.
Things to Do
- Learn about the history of the United States navy.
- Take a look at some of the most intricate model ships you'll ever see!
- Have you been before? There are also temporary exhibits at the museum. If this isn't your first visit, there's a chance you'll get to see something new by going back. Check the museum's website for more information on temporary exhibits.
U.S. Naval Academy Museum Insider Tips
- A valid government-issued picture ID is required by all visitors over the age of 18 who wish to visit the museum. Do not leave yours at home or you will not be able to enter the museum!
- Spending at least an hour viewing the exhibits is recommended so make sure you give yourself enough time to get the most out of your trip to the museum by seeing everything you want to see.
- Be sure to check out the museum's events page to see if anything special is happening on the day you plan to visit.