The Utah Museum of Fine Arts is one of the most popular cultural institutions in Salt Lake City. It features an impressive collection of over 20,000 pieces of artwork from diverse cultures throughout the world, including African, Asian, European, and American art. The museum also offers a wide variety of activities for children and families, including workshops, tours, and programs.
Things to Do
- View the captivating artwork on display, including their latest current exhibitions, which frequently change so that you can see something new each visit.
- Check out a Family Backpack at the front desk - these backpacks filled with activities, puzzles, and games help children to make the most of their visit to the art museum.
- Explore the museum using one of their handy family self guides, which tell you all about the most fascinating pieces in the collection and provide related activities for children to complete.
Utah Museum of Fine Arts Insider Tips
- Visit the museum on Third Saturdays, when it offers free family art activities from 1:00 until 4:00 p.m. on the third Saturday of each month.
- Save money by visiting the museum on the first Wednesday or third Saturday of each month when admission is free.
- Don't miss the Artful Afternoon festival, a special event held twice each year which invites families to the museum to learn about artwork, view live performances, and participate in other activities for free.