Utah's Hogle Zoo is one of the most popular attractions in Salt Lake City, Utah. Founded in 1931, the beautiful zoo features 42 acres of land that are home to over 800 animals, including lions, polar bears, river otters, grizzly bears, and white rhinos. The zoo also offers a wide range of daily animal programs such as a bird show and sea lion training, as well as exciting attractions that include a carousel, a zoo train, and a splash zone where children can cool off in the hot summer months.
Things to Do
- Go for a ride on the Zoofari Express Train through the African Savanna exhibit in order to see lions, giraffes, zebras, and ostriches!
- Attend one or all of the zoo's daily programs, including an elephant encounter, a bird show, and a presentation that includes seal and sea lion training.
- In the summertime, take your little one to the Lighthouse Point Splash Zone, a new water attraction for children that features a huge lighthouse slide and a shipwreck-themed play area.
Utah's Hogle Zoo Insider Tips
- Check out their calendar to learn about upcoming events such as children's classes, book club meetings, and special nighttime tours.
- Save money by visiting the zoo between October and April, when admission is $2 to $3 cheaper per person.
- View the zoo's discount coupons page to see if there are any additional ways you can save money on your visit.