The Valley View Aquatic Center is a public recreation center maintained by the city of West Des Moines, Iowa. This popular outdoor aquatic center features a number of different water-based attractions, including a competitive pool, a leisure pool, a lazy river, and water slides.
Summers in Iowa can be hot and humid, so if your family is looking for a way to enjoy the weather from a cool, refreshing pool in the Des Moines area, look no further!
Things to Do
- Watch as your teens show off their best dives and flips off the diving board in the competitive pool or have a 25-yard race using the pool's 10 lanes for lap swimming.
- Play and swim together in Valley View's huge leisure pool - its fun spray features are sure to entertain your little ones!
- Relax by floating around the 600-foot lazy river - it's the perfect way to cool down on a hot day.
- Slide, slide, slide! There are five slides available for use, including a drop slide and the exciting speed slide that older children love.
Valley View Aquatic Center Insider Tips
- Go to the pool on Wednesday or Sunday between 6:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. to take part in Family Night, when families get in for just $12!
- At the same time on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday nights, enjoy Valley View's Splash Stimulus, when visitors can enjoy half-price admission!
- If your child would love to have their summer birthday party at a pool, consider having it at the Valley View Aquatic Center. Party packages include admission and food and start at the reasonable price of $115 for a group of 10.