Valleyfair is known as the largest amusement park in the Upper Midwest and it offers a plethora of rides and attractions for the whole family. There are thrill rides for parents and teenagers, children's areas for the younger ones, a water-park, a dinosaur park, live entertainment and regularly changing special events.
Things to Do
- If you have little ones with you they will love Planet Snoopy where the majority of children's rides are located. Here they can take a ride on Charlie Brown's Wind Up which swings them in circles 16 feet in the air, the Peanuts 500 where they get a chance to drive their own mini NASCAR auto around a replica track and the Cosmic Coaster, their very own steel rollercoaster.
- At Dinosaurs Alive! you and your kids have the opportunity to get up close and personal with more than 30 moving animatronic dinosaurs. This exhibition has many interactive elements and allows visitors to learn about the dinosaurs while enjoying the sights of the giant Reptilians as they lived 180 million years ago.
- Valleyfair also has plenty of thrill rides to keep the adrenaline junkies in your group satisfied. The High Roller is something of a relic now having been in use ever since the park opened up in 1976, but it is still great fun.
- The Wild Thing is a bit more modern hitting speeds of up to 74 miles an hour and including a drop of 200 feet. The Corkscrew is another one for the brave among you offering 1,950 feet of hair raising twists and turns.
Valleyfair Insider Tips
- As with many Amusement Parks the price of food at Valleyfair can be pretty outrageous so it may be a good idea to stock up before you make your visit.
- Buy your tickets for the park online in advance to save a bit of money.
- Price of admission to the water park is included in the cost of the amusement park ticket.