Fly over to the Virginia Air and Space Museum, located in Hampton, VA for hands on action and education through interactive aviation exhibits. Imaginations will take flight as they experience flight simulation, Mars Rover Missions, rocket launches and more.
The Virginia Air and Space Museum is a privately funded Museum and acts as the visitor center for Langley Air Force Base and the NASA Langely Research Center.
Things to Do
- Explore the Adventures In Flight Exhibit which allows visitors to experience different levels of an aviation adventure. Sit in the cockpit of a fighter jet or climb into a passenger jet or act as an air traffic controller.
- Interact with the Ham Radio exhibit: Explore the cutting edge technology of Ham Radio today and what is coming in the future.
- Have a great time in the Space Racers Exhibit: You will be guided through the solar system and beyongd in this highly interactive experience. Little ones can design their own space craft or build their own rocket from blocks.
- Space Quest is one of the first new exhibits completely focused on interactive learning and minds on aviation related activities.
- You will also find several temporary rotating exhibits throughout the museum, so things are constantly changing and keeping repeat visitors enthralled.
Virginia Air and Space Center Insider Tips
- This museum participates in the reciprocal museum programs so if you have a membership to another participating museum, then you may get in free.
- Some of the interactive displays have been known to be malfunctioning.
- Enjoy free parking within a block away.
- Be aware that this museum closes at 5pm, so be cognizant of this when you plan your visit.