Vizcaya Museum and Gardens are a popular tourist spot located right on Biscayne Bay, in Miami, Florida. The museum consists of a grand Villa that once belonged to Industrialist James Deering, the Villa is surrounded by acres of European style gardens complete with fountains and statuary. The construction of the villa was completed in 1923, the Vizcaya estate spreads across an area of 50 acres and is a national historic landmark. The Vizcaya estate has been filmed in many movies. The museum and the gardens are open to public tours all year round.
Things to Do
- The Villa and the gardens are a spectacular site to visit, the grand villa is surrounded by 10 acres of Italian Renaissance gardens. The estate is surrounded by native forest.
- The villa's museum consists of 34 rooms that are decorated with European decorative Art ranging from 15th to early 19th century.
- Vizcaya offers guided, interactive tours and audio tours available in many languages.
- The exuberant and stunning collections of artifacts in the villa will take you into another era, the collection includes ancient Roman sculptures, Chinese ceramics, and sculptures and paintings from the 20th century.
- Families should explore the museum with a free printed family guide available in both English and Spanish, it features a map and activities for the children.
- Visit the beautiful Vizcaya cafe offering a variety of snacks and beverages, Vizcaya shop stocks collectibles, gifts and souvenirs. Outside food is not allowed.
Vizcaya Museum and Gardens Insider Tips
- Restrooms with changing tables are available.
- Photography is not allowed inside the house.