Enjoy a daytip to Wadsworth Falls State Park located in the lovely Connecticut town of Middlefield, CT. Visitors will delight in the scenic New England views, take glory in the spectacular natural waterfalls, enjoy the vast open space, hike the many trails, and frolic in the swimming and beach areas.
Things to Do
- Visit the swimming area and quaint beach. It is the perfect place to cool off in the summer months.
- Hike the meandering trails through the State Park and enjoy an abundance of exercise with a sweet surprise of scenic delight.
- Enjoy the peaceful sounds and breathtaking views of Wadsworth Falls.
- Enjoy a family picnic at one of the picnic areas throughout the hiking and open areas of the park.
Wadsworth State Park Insider Tips
- Visit the park on weekdays for free.
- Do not bring food down to the waterfalls. There is no food allowed in that area, but there is a picnic area by the swimming area.
- There is no swimming allowed in the waterfall area.
- Feel free to bring your dog to the park. Leashed dogs are welcome in all areas of the park except for the beach area.
- Bring cash with you for parking on holidays and on weekends. The cost is $9 on these days.
- The waterfalls are a must see at this state park.
- When visiting the falls, there is a bit of high fencing that has a hole in it...please keep your small children close to you at all times.