Located just inland from San Francisco Bay and steps from the Golden Gate Bridge is the Walt Disney Family Museum. This wonderful facility offers exhibits which brilliantly chronicle the life, struggles, and business ventures of Walt Disney, animator, businessman, and creator of the Disney parks.
Everything about Walt Disney and more can be discovered at this timeless museum.
Things to Do
- Tour the exhibits, each of which represents a different period in the life of Walt Disney. From his beginnings, to his remembrances, the museum explains and illustrates his life's journey.
- Take time to view the various animated videos and pictures throughout the museum. Many of the pictures and animations are original and created by Disney Himself.
- See a Disney original film. Check out the Calendar located on the museum website for information on film schedules and special events.
Walt Disney Family Museum Insider Tips
- Plan on dedicating at least two hours to exploring the museum.
- The Walt Disney Family Museum is biographical, and therefore recommended for older children and adults who are wishing to learn more about the life of Walt Disney.