The Water Park of America can be found in Bloomington just half a mile from the Mall of America. The Park offers plenty of water based activities and attractions for all ages from children to adults.
Things to Do
- There are attractions and rides for all ages. The Fort Snelling Activity Pool is designed for young kids to explore and play in a safe environment. There is also seating for parents surrounding the Activity Pool so you can keep an eye on your little ones.
- The Lake of the Woods Activity Pool is ideal for kids who are a little older. Here your children can splash around with their friends or play a game of water basketball.
- The Cascade Falls Flow Rider replicates the ultimate wave which you can keep riding for as long as you can stay on your board. You are given a board which you can take onto the Flow Rider on your belly or standing up, if you're brave enough!
- If your kids are so inclined towards swimming and water games or you just want a fun break from the slides you can head to the Northern Lights Arcade which covers an area of 5,800 square feet. This large area is home to over 70 different games that each give you the chance to win points that you can later cash in for prizes.
Water Park of America Insider Tips
- The Water Park makes it clear on their website that they treat water safety as a paramount concern. All of their lifeguards are Red Cross certified and have to go through at least 60 hours of training before they can work at the Water Park. They keep the water clean using a highly modern system which utilizes chlorine along with UV light.
- Families with young kids should keep an eye out for Hobey the Bear, Garry the Groundhog, Ollie the Otter and Roxi the Racoon, the Aquarium mascots.
- The Park is usually open on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.