West Lake Beach is a privately owned park located alongside Lake Austin that has a beach which is open to the public for swimming. It also provides visitors with a volleyball court, a fishing area, a horseshoe pit, a concession stand, picnic areas with grills, and an area for water volleyball. If you're looking for a place where you can escape the scorching Austin heat and relax by the water for an affordable price, it's a great place to consider visiting.
Things to Do
- Cool off by swimming in the beautiful waters of Lake Austin. Don't forget to bring along toys to play with on the beach and in the water!
- Play a game of volleyball on land or in the water - nets and balls are provided.
- If you want to go fishing, make sure to bring along your own fishing poles and bait.
- Bring along some horseshoes and stakes and have fun as a family in the horseshoe pit!
West Lake Beach Insider Tips
- Lifeguards are not provided, so make sure to watch your child while they swim. Water shoes are also recommended for swimmers.
- Save money by bringing along your own food and drinks to enjoy in the picnic areas instead of purchasing snacks from the concession stand.
- Make sure to call West Lake Beach in advance before visiting, since they sometimes close for public parties.
- Consider having your next family event at West Lake Beach - you can learn more about pavilion rentals on their website.