The Westchester Children's Museum is a new attraction in Rye, New York, which is less than an hour's drive from New York City. It features a wide variety of hands-on exhibits and programs designed for children under the age of 12 that focus on encouraging little ones to learn while having fun. Its exhibits include all kinds of exciting activities, from building your own roller coaster to using a wind tunnel and creating beautiful artwork. Better still, they plan to add additional exhibits in the near future, including a toddler area and a water-based exhibit.
Things to Do
- Learn about energy, friction, and other scientific principles as you build your own roller coaster and test it out on a track!
- Take your child to the art wall and windows, where they can use their imagination to draw and paint all kinds of fascinating things.
- Visit the wind tunnel exhibit, where you can create your own objects and see how they fly.
Westchester Children's Museum Insider Tips
- Check out these fun hands-on activities that you can do at home before or after visiting the museum.
- View their calendar to learn about upcoming events at the museum, which often include hands-on activities for families.
- Keep in mind that the museum is designed for young children, so you should probably find alternate activities for children over 12.