When the sun is shining and there isn't a cloud in the sky, it would be foolish not to spend the day outside. If you live near Citrus Heights or are staying in the area, you should make your way to Westwood Park. There are plenty of different outdoor activities for you and family to enjoy.
Even though the park is on the other side of the freeway, you needn't worry! The sound walls make sure that the noise from the nearby traffic is almost non-existent. If you're heading from Sacramento, the journey should take between 20 and 30 minutes if you decide to take your car along the I-80 to get there.
Things to Do
- Consider taking part in America's favorite pastime at the parks' baseball diamond.
- Love tennis? Play a few games, sets, or even a match of tennis on the park's tennis courts.
- Feel like stretching your legs? Why not take a short walk along the creek or just walk around the open areas of the park. Once walking around tires you out, you can always sit down and enjoy a picnic in one of the park's covered picnic tables.
- Let the kids play in the park's play area.
Westwood Park Insider Tips
- Why not bring your furry friends along? Dogs are allowed to the park. Just be responsible and pick up any little presents that they may leave behind.
- As there are a number of open green spaces, why not bring along toys, games, or sporting equipment to make the most of the area?