Experience a thrilling adventure while riding a jet boat on the Niagara River. Whirlpool Jet Boat Tours offers this unique experience aboard custom-built, powerful vessels ensuring guests are safe while navigating through Class 5 river rapids.
Things to Do
- Whirlpool Jet Boat Tours can be found on both sides of the river. Choose from any of the two starting points: from Lewiston, New York or Niagara-On-The-Lake town in Ontario, Canada. The Lewiston location has a restaurant called Water Street Landing restaurant and a souvenir shop. The restaurant offers pub-style food perfect for post-ride meals.
- From the starting point, prepare to get wet and ride the Wet Jet. The boat ride runs for 1 hour. The front rows are the best seats but you will surely get soaked. Children under 12 are asked to stay in the middle or towards the back rows. All passengers are provided with life jackets, water shoes, ponchos, and splash suits. The staff onboard will provide a briefing of the history and geology of the Niagara River.
- If you are not ready to be dripping wet after the trip, ride the Jet Dome instead. The Jet Dome is an enclosed boat, with clear roof and windows allowing guests to still see the rapids while staying dry. This is the recommended trip for families traveling with children from ages 4 to 6.
Whirlpool Jet Boat Tour Insider Tips
- Wear a bathing suit and bring a change of clothes.
- Get in early as the seats are assigned on a first come, first served basis. Try to get the front row seats for a more fun experience.
- Bring a waterproof camera.