White River State Park is a 250-acre urban state park located in Indianapolis, Indiana. If you only have time to visit one attraction in Indianapolis, this is the one you should choose. White River State Park features a seemingly endless list of attractions, including beautiful trails alongside a canal, a zoo, a history museum, a botanical garden, the state's largest IMAX theater, a Native American art museum, and a minor league baseball park. There's something for everyone, whether your family wants to spend time outdoors enjoying the gorgeous Indiana weather or venture indoors to explore the city's fascinating museum exhibits.
Things to Do
- Explore the park! You can go for a relaxing walk or bike ride along the canal, take a tour of the park on a Segway, or rent a family-sized bicycle or boat.
- Visit the Eiteljorg Museum of American Indians and Western Art, the only museum of its kind in the region. It has an impressive collection of Native American art that will captivate visitors young and old.
- Enjoy an Indianapolis Indians baseball game at Victory Field, which has been named the "Best Minor League Ballpark in America" in recent years.
- Go to the Indianapolis Zoo for a fun animal experience - you can visit the orangutans, see the bears, and even feed the dolphins!
White River State Park Insider Tips
- Don't miss all the fascinating art that's located throughout the park! Check out this list of public art and its locations, including the stunning metal bison statue located in the aptly-named Bison Plaza.
- Bring along some food and a blanket and have a picnic in the sunshine by the canal!
- Check the park's Events Calendar to learn about exciting upcoming events, including live concerts, festivals, and new exhibits in its many attractions.