Wickham Park is a 32 acre hidden treasure located in Manchester,CT withe easy access to the on and off ramps of I-84. Curiosity abounds when you drive by and see a sign with a well landscaped entrance in the middle of a rather city like atmosphere. It's the kind of place that you drive by a million times and wonder what could be up there on that hill. Well, up that hill, you will discover an absolute jewel of a park that houses a nature center and aviary, trails, playgrounds, stunning grounds, picturesque views at every turn and more.
Things to Do
- View and participate in the hands on activites that the Nature Center has to offer. Learn the history of how this aviary came to be and have a museum like experience in this learning classroom
- There is a snack bar open on weekends and vending machines available.
- View the many varieties of birds on display in the Aviary. Visit the redtailed hawks, turkeys and other birds that were rescued and cared for at the aviary but not fit enough to be released into the wild. Signs at each enclosure with give you history and information about these birds as you view them,
- Play is the shade protected playground on site. There are three playgrounds to explore at this destination.
- Explore the fitness trails which offer exercise stations throughout your hike.
Wickham Park Insider Tips
- Picnic store and snack bar are open from 11am-5pm on weekends only and is CASH ONLY
- The park is open daily from 9am to sunset
- Check the Events page for events that occur throughout the year.
- Open seasonally from April through October, the admission fee is $4 per car on Saturdays and $5 per car on weekends. Membership is also available.
- Make sure that you bring sunscreen or a hat and bug spray
- Be sure to bring a little cash with you for the parking/admission fee, snack bar, and money to feed the birds in the aviary. If you visit early in the day, try to bring small bills, otherwise the rangers may not have enough change for your your larger bill.
- You may rent this venue for your special events.