Located 7 miles north of Taylor Falls, Minnesota; Wild Mountain Water Park, Alpine Slides and Go-Karts is a great place for a summer get-away that your kids will surely love. The park has plenty of water slides to choose from along with areas and playgrounds for the youngest kids, a lazy river and shaded picnic areas where you can take a break.
Things to Do
- The Wild Adventure Island forms the focal point of the water park. Here you will find four water-slides, hydro fountains, water cannon and a zero depth pool in which toddlers can play.
- The Black Hole is the parks' fastest slide sending visitors flying down to ground with a splash. The Super Chute is a little more relaxed an ideal one for adults and their children to head down together.
- The Kiddie Park is the place to bring the pre-schoolers; here they have a safe environment in which to play and a frog slide they can go down.
- The Alpine Slides put you in control of your descent down 1700 feet of dry slide. From the top of the mountain you direct your sled around 21 banked corners before arriving at the mountain's base.
- There are separate adult and child go-karting tracks. The children's go-karts can reach a speed of 5 mph and run on a track 300 feet long. The adult's cars can get up to 12 mph and children can ride with them once they are over 36".
Wild Mountain Water Park Insider Tips
- You can avail of special coupons and discounts on the Park's website.
- If you are unsure of how to reach the park then check out their directions from the Twin Cities, Duluth and Wisconsin.
- There is a lot of free parking available at the Water Park.
- You are welcome to bring your own grill to barbeque in one of the picnic areas.