Through imaginative, interactive exhibits, special events and educational programs Parker's Wildlife Experience Museum hopes to open the minds of young kids to the wonders of nature and foster a love and respect of the outdoors in all its visitors. The 151,000 square feet facility also puts on art exhibitions and has a 3D Theatre.
Things to Do
- Globeology is the name of the Wildlife Experience's 30,000 square foot permanent exhibit which allows visitors to experience 8 significantly different biomes first hand. So you will pass from tropical rainforests to the Arctic Snow before journeying to an African watering hole and travelling deep to the bottom of the ocean to explore its majestic reefs. At the start of Globeology you will also get to view the Earth as Astronauts do with their Science on a Sphere exhibit.
- Fun kids classes and activities are regularly organized at the Wildlife Experience. These include animal encounters, archery and fishing lessons, overnights at the museum, Astronomy nights, parent days out and at Christmas the chance to meet Santa! In conjunction with CU-Boulder they also run C U on the Weekend, a series of community programs and lectures on various topics which are free to the public.
- The Museum's 3D Extreme Theatre shows movies with a natural focus exploring amazing parts and animals of our world from Arctic Polar Bears to African Meerkats.
The Wildlife Experience Insider Tips
- If you're peckish during your visit you can pick up some lunch at the Toucan Café which is open throughout the week or simply grab a snack at their concession stand at the Extreme Theatre. If its souvenirs you're after you can grab them at the Gift Shop which has a selection of books, toys and other items.
- There is free parking in the museum's parking lot
- Children under 3 enter for free.