Book a family vacation to Edisto Island, one of South Carolina's Sea Island facing the Atlantic. Edisto Island is home to Wilkinson's Landing, a secluded inlet a few miles from Edisto Beach.
Things to Do
- Take a boat trip to Shell Island, a beach tucked away from the main land and only reachable by boat. Edisto Island and Wilkinson's Landing was known 200 years ago. The captain of the boat will share interesting anecdotes as well as the history of the island.
- Once you disembark at Shell Island, you will be given ample time to explore the island on your own. The island was named as such due to the abundance of shells and fossils. Kids and adults will have fun picking up shells and sand dollars. You might find some shark tooth too!
- Introduce kids to sea creatures such as hermit crabs and whelks. You will find these creatures on the beach.
- Go kayaking or canoeing with the family up the Frampton Creek or paddle your way to Shell Island. Depending on the season, you might spot pelicans in the marshes and dolphins on your way to Shell Island.
- Stuff your cooler with food and bring a blanket. You can set up camp in the beach and have an amazing lunch by the beach.
Wilkinson's Landing Insider Tips
- Schedule your trip on a low tide season. Picking up shells is more fun during low tide.
- Call for reservations to secure a slot for your family.