Since the 1990s, the WonderLab Museum of Science, Health & Technology has provided both residents and visitors in Bloomington, Indiana, with a wonderful place to learn more about both science and technology under one roof.
The exhibits in the WonderLab are spread across a two-story building and are viewed by around 80,000 visitors each year. Getting to the WonderLab Museum should take slightly longer than an hour from downtown Indianapolis in good traffic. Every minute spent in the car will be well worth it once you get to this award-winning museum!
Things to Do
- Check out the art exhibitions in the museum. That's right! This science museum even brings art and science together in wonderful art exhibitions!
- Are any of your little ones under 6? Why not head along to the George & Evelyn Brabson Discovery Garden, an area of the museum where younger children can be engaged by science and even see live animals in a safe environment designed especially for them. You can find the Discovery Garden on the first floor.
- The kids will love the Bubble-Airium. Here they can learn about several important scientific concepts all while having fun blowing giant bubbles!
- Animal lovers should head along to the Fitzgerald Hall of Natural Science to see amphibians, insects, and reptiles.
WonderLab Museum of Science, Health & Technology Insider Tips
- Be sure to find out what's happening at the museum on the day of your visit or plan a suitable day to visit by checking the museum's events calendar. There are also discounts on admission available for certain events so be sure to see if you can save some money.