With a rich history of over a hundred years the Woodland Park Zoo is not only part of the community but it part of the Puget Sound area and has been for many generations. This zoo is home to 1,000 animals including 300 different species. There are 40 animals on the endangered species list and 17 more that are on the threatened list. When you visit this zoo you not only have the privilege of seeing some amazing animals in their natural environment but your admission fee helps to ensure their future.
Things to See & Do
- In addition to visiting the many beautiful and not so beautiful animals on display make sure to check out some of the many other sites including:
- The historic carousel which is now powered by the sun thanks to their solar panels on the roof of the ride.
- Try your hand at feeding the Australian Parrots at the Willawong Station where you can hand feed the birds or just let them land on you.
- Learn how the zoo keepers decide which animals they want in the zoo at the wildlife survival zone. Listen to one of the zoo keepers and have all your questions about zoo life answered.
Woodland Park Zoo Insider Tips
- Membership options: Annual Pass Adult - $47 each, Child (3 - 18 years) - $15 each, Flex Guest - $65 each Discovery Passport $275 - Includes all the benefits of the Annual Pass for two adults and their children or grandchildren ages 3-18, plus more.
- If you have a ZooTunes concert ticket bring it with you until September 30, 2014 and get $5.00 off admission to the zoo.
- If you take the Metro to the zoo bring your bus ticket with you to receive a $2.00 discount on your days admission.
- Additions discount options include: AAA Member Click here for online AAA discounts, Microsoft Prime Card Oct. 1 - Apr. 30: $5.00 per person limited to two (2) adults and up to six (6) children May 1 - Sept. 30: $6.00 per person limited to two (2) adults and up to six (6) children and the Mayor's Gold Card or Flash Cards Available through Mayor's Office for Senior Citizens at 206.684.0500. Admission fee is 75% off regular admission prices. Learn more