Bring the family for a fun day at the beach. Woodlawn Beach State Park features a natural sand beach lining the eastern shore of Lake Erie. The water is ideal for swimming in warm months. Although the place is open all-year round, swimming is only allowed during summer months. The park offers paddle boats and kayaks for rent as well as picnic areas and nature trails.
Things to Do
- Plan for a fun day at the lake. Bring food, drinks, and water toys for the kids. There are stalls selling food and beverages in the area but it will be better if you come prepared.
- The grown-ups can rent kayaks so they can paddle on the lake. Take the kids to the playground with a bounce play area where they can jump all day. Kids enjoy playing in the sand too!
- Visit the Nature Center which features displays about the park's natural history. Follow the boardwalk through the wooded wetlands to find the Nature Center.
- Watch the sun set over the lovely view of the lake. Even if you are not swimming, the place is great for relaxing and communing with nature.
Woodlawn Beach State Park Insider Tips
- Bring mosquito repellent.
- Pets are not allowed on the beach.
- If you are planning to swim, call ahead to ask if the water is fit for swimming purposes.