Woodward Park is a nature's haven in Tulsa, Oklahoma, the park has a beautiful Rose garden, Victorian style conservatory, an Arboretum, Tulsa Garden center, fountains and pools. The Tulsa garden center is located in a historic mansion that is very well preserved. The garden center promotes environmental and horticultural education by offering classes, programs and public events. The Tulsa Garden center library serves as a resource for study on horticulture, Botany, gardening and similar subjects. Story time and other educational programs are offered for the children. Woodward park and the Tulsa garden center are open to public tours every day and without any entrance fee.
Things to Do
- Families can tour the beautiful gardens of the Woodward park any day of the week, you can take a self-guided or a guided tour.
- Take in the mesmerizing fragrance of the roses in the Rose garden that was developed in 1934-1935. The rose garden displays nearly 5,000 rose plants.
- The classic 1924 Victorian-style conservatory features plants from all over the world and a beautiful butterfly garden in the front.
- The 3-acre arboretum in the park has an extensive collection of native trees, shrubs and non-native trees.
- See the beautiful and colorful azaleas in the Azalea garden, also tour the Anne Hathaway Herb garden.
- A visit to the Woodward park is incomplete without visiting the Garden center, explore the historic photographs, and see the wooden carvings, flooring, and the architecture of the beautiful mansion.
- Many events and gardening classes take place in the Garden center.
- Families can have a picnic in the park.
Woodward Park Insider Tips
- Don't forget to bring your camera.
- Restrooms are available.