The Woody Guthrie Center is a new museum and archive in Tulsa, Oklahoma that is dedicated to the life and music of Woody Guthrie. Woody Guthrie is a famous American folk musician from Oklahoma who is best known for the folk song "This Land Is Your Land". Visitors of all ages will enjoy exploring the museum's fascinating exhibits, which follow Woody's career, feature recordings and videos of his music, and display his musical instruments.
Things to Do
- Explore Woody's Footsteps, an exhibit that focuses on his travels from the Oklahoma town of Okemah to Los Angeles and New York.
- View the interactive Woody's America map, which features information about Woody's life and music history in general.
- Compose your own song at the lyric writing station!
- Listen to old recordings of Woody's songs while viewing artifacts like his guitar, fiddle, and mandolin.
- Check out the original hand-written lyrics to "This Land Is Your Land" and watch videos of numerous versions of the song by other artists.
Woody Guthrie Center Insider Tips
- Attend a free concert at the Woody Guthrie Center - you can view the museum's events calendar here.
- If you're a big Woody Guthrie fan, you might want to spend some time exploring the archives, which feature photographs, diaries, personal papers, Woody's record collection, and a collection of his lyrics.