World of Speed is a new motorsports museum located in Wilsonville, Oregon, which is approximately 15 miles outside of Portland. Its fascinating exhibitions and hands-on activities focus on the history of motorsports in the United States and feature all kinds of historic race cars and motorcycles. If your child is interested in cars and racing, they're sure to love this museum.
Things to Do
- Check out Daytona Banking, an exhibit which features four NASCAR vehicles that belong to legendary drivers, including the 2000 Chevy Impala used by Dale Earnhardt Jr., as well as race suits and interesting memorabilia.
- Explore the Wall of Sound exhibit, which looks at music related to cars as well as the devices that have been used to play music in cars over the years, including tape decks and record players.
- Hop inside one of the three race car simulators, which allow you to practice your racing skills on roads or oval courses.
World of Speed Insider Tips
- If your teen is interested in vehicles, racing, or the automobile industry, consider having them attend one of the many summer day camps offered at World of Speed for children of various ages.
- Keep in mind that the museum is closed on Mondays when planning your visit.
- Don't miss the Zero to 1000 MPH exhibit, which focuses on the land speed record and the two-wheel motorcycle that was designed to exceed 400 mph!