The World's Largest Basket is one of those places that you simply must visit if you happen to be in the area. Located in Newark, Ohio, the World's Largest Basket is actually the seven-story corporate headquarters of The Longaberger Company. This family-owned American manufacturing company sells handcrafted maple wood baskets that are famous throughout the country. You can stop by to take a photo of their one-of-a-kind headquarters as well as learn about basket making at their nearby visitor center!
Things to Do
- Take some unique family photos at the World's Largest Basket in the daytime, or visit at night to see how they illuminate it beautifully each evening.
- If one large basket isn't enough, head to the Longaberger Homestead in nearby Frazeysburg, where you can see the 29-foot tall World's Largest Apple Basket. It's less than 20 minutes away by car.
- Visit yet another larger-than-life basket just 6 miles away from the Longaberger Homestead at the corner of Main St. and 5th St. in downtown Dresden, Ohio. This site is home to a 23-foot tall house-sized picnic basket!
World's Largest Basket Insider Tips
- Learn about how these famous baskets are made by taking a tour of the manufacturing facilities at the Longaberger Homestead.
- Check out the event schedule for the Longaberger Homestead to learn about family-friendly events such as their spring fling, heritage days, and Corvette car show.
- If your visit inspires you to purchase a handmade Longaberger basket, you can find them for sale in their online store.