Yates Cider Mill is a historic landmark in Rochester Mills, Michigan, that has produced apple cider since 1876. It is located approximately 30 miles north of downtown Detroit alongside the beautiful Clinton River, whose waters have been used to power the mill since its creation.
Once you've taken the behind-the-scenes tour of the cider mill, explore the rest of Yates Cider Mill's many family-friendly attractions! You can visit the Fudge Shoppe or stop by the Apple Tent to get some delicious local apples, take the kids to feed farm animals and ride a pony, and go for a stroll along the beautiful River Walk trail.
Things to Do
- Take your young animal lovers to the Petting Zoo where they can visit goats, sheep, and llamas if they're lucky! They can pet the animals for free or you can pay a small fee for some goat chow.
- Make it a trip your kids will never forget with a pony ride at Yates Cider Mill! They provide gentle ponies that are ideal for young riders on weekends in September and October.
- Go on the mill's popular guided tour - it includes a movie about the cider-making process and a tour of the mill as the cider is being pressed. At the end of the tour, you'll be treated with a delicious donut and a small jug of cider!
Yates Cider Mill Insider Tips
- Come hungry so you have an excuse to stop by the Fudge Shoppe or the Ice Cream Shoppe for a tasty treat! They're known for their delicious sundaes, especially the Yates Donut Sundae that contains a Yates Donut, ice cream, hot caramel, cinnamon sugar, peanuts, and whipped cream!
- If it's a nice day, go for a relaxing family stroll by the Clinton River along the half-mile long trail.
- Don't forget to stop by the Apple Tent, where you can choose from a large variety of Michigan-grown apples to eat when you get home.