The Yellow River Game Ranch is a great destination for families with children who love animals. The ranch is by Lilburn, Georgia, and a short distance from Atlanta. Of all the animals in the Yellow River Game Ranch, the most famous of these animals is certainly the groundhog General Beauregard Lee.
Lee is certainly the ranch's only animal to hold doctorate degrees from the University of Georgia and Georgia State University in "Weather Prognostication" and "Southern Groundology". Each Groundhog Day, Lee makes his prediction and does so with more accuracy than his rival Punxsutawaney Phil from Pennsylvania.
Things to Do
- Walk around the trails at the Yellow River Game Ranch.
- Are you or your little ones animal lovers? Feed the animals for your chance to get up close with the beautiful creatures in the ranch.
- Pay General Beauregard Lee a visit for the latest weather updates!
Yellow River Game Ranch Insider Tips
- Make sure to wear appropriate footwear. Open-toed shoes will have the chickens pecking at your toes and won't be much fun for you or your little ones.
- Be certain to check the Yellow River Game Ranch calendar for information on the special events taking place and discounts for you and your family.
- Get together with a few families to get group discounts on your trip to the ranch. The discounts are available for groups of 15 or more.
- Consider buying appropriate food to feed the animals before arriving at the ranch as the feed for the animals can be quite pricey.