Zilker Park is considered "Austin's most-loved park." This 351-acre park is home to a variety of recreation opportunities and special events for individuals and families.
Things to See & Do
- Enjoy a ride on the Zilker Zephyr miniature train or paddling a canoe on Town Lake. Hike and bike the park trails; and lunch in large full-service picnic areas, six of which can be reserved.
- Play at Zilker Playground - Zilker Park has a wonderful large playground, complete with a fire engine to climb on.
- Swim at Barton Springs Pool - a unique natural spring-fed pool with a year-round average temperature of 68 degrees.
- Zilker Botanical Gardens includes the Taniguchi Oriental Garden and the Austin Area Garden Center.
- Austin Nature and Science Center offers a wide variety of programs for children and adults.
- Zilker Hillside Theatre hosts concerts ranging from jazz to country. Additionally, the theater is the site of the Zilker Summer Musical and Shakespeare in the Park. Bring a blanket to sit on the hillside and enjoy these events.
- Sports enthusiasts will enjoy the sand volleyball courts, a nine-hole disc golf course and two multi-use fields.
Zilker Park Insider Tips
- The Zilker Holiday Tree stands 155 feet tall and is composed of 39 streamers, each holding 81 multicolored, 25-watt bulbs, totaling 3,309 lights. The Zilker Tree lighting ceremony is held annually on the first Sunday in Dec. at 6 p.m.
- The annual Zilker Park Kite Festival is held the first Sunday in March each year.
- A $5 parking fee is charged on weekends (Saturday & Sunday), Holidays, and Special events during peak season from April - October. Normal collection times are from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.